Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review of Anthrax

Westword hooked me up with a couple of tickets to see Anthrax last night and I jumped on the chance to go. These guys used to get played all the time on my cassette player in middle and high school. I also remember listening to them on Headbangers Ball. (Yeah, I really aged myself with those last two lines, fuck off I'm not getting older I'm getting more awesome.) For 90 minutes, the original line up took the stage and turned the place into pure chaotic greatness. They set the pace for the evening by opening with Among The Living, Caught in a Mosh, and Got the Time. Joey was all over the stage like a mad man, encouraging the mosh pit, interacting with fans, even one point taking someone's camera and taking a picture of him and the fan. The band has been together 27 years and it's obvious they are grateful to still be playing. They have been on tour with Slayer and Megadeth and were taking a one off to headline this show and you could tell just how much they enjoyed playing. There were constant references by Joey about how he couldn't believe how close everyone was to him and how much they missed playing in Denver (though I'm sure he says that at every tour stop) The set was filled with a majority of their greatest hits minus I'm The Man and Milk. They ended the night with I Am The Law and reminded us why they were considered part of the Big 4 of the metal heyday. This will be a show I will not forget anytime soon. Simply awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment