Saturday, February 19, 2011

Still sick, so another quick post today.

Alright, I know it's getting late and you are curious as to what to do tonight. I promise you that the options are pretty damned amazing for tonight. Here are the places you should hit up if you can.

Head to the Toad Tavern to see Mighty 18 Wheeler and Rubber Planet. Both of those bands are pretty damn solid and a good time live. Bring earplugs though, because 18 Wheeler is loud.

Maceo Parker at Cervantes. This guy has been around for years and is a funk master. He's had the honor of playing with some of the greatest musicians around and it will be a treat to see him play.

Damion Suomi and the Minor Prophets are playing at the Bluebird. I had the chance to see him play at Larimer Lounge last year and he made a night of bad music well worth it.

Willie Porter is playing at the Soiled Dove. Not familiar with his music? Go check out the song Angry Words on You Tube. I'll wait. Pretty fucking incredible isn't he? He's also from my home state so I give him mad props for making it in this industry.

Mountain Standard Time at the Fox. If you want a bit of jam grass, this is the place to be. They have worked hard on getting this CD ready and my good friends at Evergroove say that the CD is spectacular. They could use the support.

Black Lamb at Bender's. This venue is a bit loud but Black Lamb will make it worth the admission. It's the original line up too so get there early.


I am not sure if I am making it out tonight but you shouldn't stay home.

Tomorrow there is some stuff going on but not enough to make it worth going out. Unless I've overlooked stuff and that's a possibility. Anyone want to bring me some chicken noodle soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment